Friday, March 6, 2015

188. Build a ginger bread house

Let me get one thing straight. store bought ginger bread house kits taste completely and utterly gross. The bread is very hard, icing is alright, and the little candy bits they give you are very old and very hard. I would not allow some young kid to decorate or eat anything. It would be better if you went on Pinterest and looked up ginger bread recipes and go out and buy the candy, (I hope to do that Christmas 2016). But if you don't plan on eating it and only want to decorate. I say go for it! It's loads of fun and a bit messy. I would say to do it with at least two people. I tried to set it up myself nut the icing wasn't strong enough, so I had to get my sister and my mom to come in and help me. Which really doing it with others is so much better than doing it on your own. After some effort we got our house to stand and got the roof on, by that time we had used about half of the icing the kit gave us. With that the decorating began. little sloppy designs on the roof and we made windows and the door. and after we put the candy on the house where we wanted we still had candy left over. So we took that candy and just started throwing it on there like it was no one's business. though we did happen to get more icing and candy stuck to us instead of the house itself but we had so much fun it was okay anyway. Over all it's a great challenge I challenge you to do. 
until next time my friends   


No comments:

Post a Comment